Important Notice, September 2017: Hurricanes Irma and Maria have caused widespread damage in the U.S. Virgin Islands. We look forward to welcoming you back to our islands as soon as we can. Please follow the islands’ rebuilding and recovery on our VInow.com Recovery Blog.
VInow Logo
The Virgin Islands Best On-line Guide
Cruise Ship Schedule Ferry Schedule Forum

Zhawk

Registered
06/28/2016

Sapphire Beach rumor

June 28, 2016 10:33AM

Heard there is some work being done in the vacant restaurant space...and same folks will rework and open the pool cabana? Can anyone confirm this?

beachboy

Registered
06/01/2007

Re: Sapphire Beach rumor

June 29, 2016 11:37AM

There is some truth to the rumor but the details are not clear yet. There will be a grill set up next to the dive shop with tables and a canopy cover. They will also serve drinks. It is unknown when they will start operating.
The actual building renovation and pool bar renovation are talked about but as far as I know nothing is happening at the moment.

Admin

Islander

Registered
01/20/2005

July 13, 2016 09:19PM

Hello zhawk,

Was excited to read your question the other day, and swung by Sapphire to check it out. Had been a few weeks ago but hadn't gone by the restaurant/bar. Looked around this time, though I still didn't go out by the pool. The lobby/restaurant/bar building is still boarded up with renovation signs as it has been for a long time. There was a new stand alone bar set up in the open space that was never boarded up, the area you walk through to get to the bathrooms; with another stand alone type closeted area nearby that looked like it might contain refrigerators or something. Both looked in progress (unfinished wood). It wasn't open and no one was around when I went by, which was after 5pm. They have a lot of work to be done on that boarded up lobby/old restaurant building. Sad looking on such a gorgeous beach. It was great to see something happening there, look forward to seeing the finished product. Used to be such a wonderful spot for drinks and dancing back in the day.

Thanks for visiting VInow.com with your St. Thomas travel question.

beachboy

Registered
06/01/2007

July 28, 2016 04:14PM

The bar by the dive shop opened on Monday and the food operation was to start yesterday. The same operators plan to renovate both the Seagrape building/restaurant and the pool bar but getting the proper permits takes time. The good news is the process has started

STT Resident

Registered
09/19/2005

July 28, 2016 04:57PM

Sapphire Bar and Grill up in the Village has closed temporarily but will be renovated and reopen under new ownership I think in October.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login / Register

Stay up to date with news from VInow.

Advertise with Us

Join VInow.com Today!

Connect with travelers that are planning vacations right here, right now. More

Virgin Islands Moving Guides

Updated information dedicated to Moving and Living in the USVI.

VI Moving Center

Living in de V.I. DVD

Virgin Islands Shopping

The largest section of Virgin Islands Books & Souvenirs. Start planning today!

VITraders.com

Official Sponsor
Team Virgin Islands
X