Important Notice, September 2017: Hurricanes Irma and Maria have caused widespread damage in the U.S. Virgin Islands. We look forward to welcoming you back to our islands as soon as we can. Please follow the islands’ rebuilding and recovery on our VInow.com Recovery Blog.
VInow Logo
The Virgin Islands Best On-line Guide
Cruise Ship Schedule Ferry Schedule Forum

ctaliaferro64

Registered
09/17/2017

3 bedroom rentals

September 17, 2017 08:12PM

Possibly moving soon to St Croix. My husband is an emergency room RN. We will be moving with our 21 year old daughter. Wondering what the cost is for a 3 bedroom condo in the Christiansted area. Nice..possible oceanfront.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2017 08:17PM by ctaliaferro64.

mtdoramike

Registered
03/16/2013

Re: 3 bedroom rentals

September 18, 2017 06:26PM

Your kidding right? Do you have any idea the devastatition awaiting you there, not to mention Hurricane Maria which will hit the Islands at possibly another cat 5.

ctaliaferro64

Registered
09/17/2017

September 27, 2017 11:24AM

Well aware...thanks!

mtdoramike

Registered
03/16/2013

September 30, 2017 08:28AM

I guess it's like " I gotta get me some of that". Good luck on your search, but I would imagine most if not all available rentals are being used by Fema as well well as comcast and others to house people they bring down for recovery efforts.

cayennita

Registered
10/05/2017

October 05, 2017 04:16PM

If you are lucky enough to find one, funished, ocean front, expect to pay over $3000/month with a long term lease. The refinery is about to open and they plan to hire 2000. They will need housing. Never mind the temporary workers to repair the island. Cars will also be at a premium.
My brother owns Olympic RAC and everything is rented out. Same with the others.

Admin

Islander

Registered
01/20/2005

October 10, 2017 01:16PM

Hello ctaliaferro64,

Agree with others regarding giving you a heads-up that you might encounter limited supply of rentals and higher costs due to limited availability and demand. Part of this is some properties were damaged so off the market for now; and the other part is that people on island for recovery work are renting available hotel rooms, vacation rentals, apartments etc.

You might need to be creative to find something.

Try our other website's message board, VIMovingCenter, its geared to residents and people that want to move. Here is the link: [www.vimovingcenter.com]. Also if your husband is moving for an already secured job or as a travel nurse, find out if the hospital or agency that is sending him to St. Croix, can assists with housing. They sometimes did this prior to the hurricanes. Try some real estate agents. They will know what houses are available for rent or can try to find something. And the newspaper is usually a good option too, worth trying: the St. Croix Avis is not online; but the Island Trader Crucian edition is at [www.virginislandsdailynews.com].

Thank you for using VInow.com.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login / Register

Stay up to date with news from VInow.

Advertise with Us

Join VInow.com Today!

Connect with travelers that are planning vacations right here, right now. More

Virgin Islands Moving Guides

Updated information dedicated to Moving and Living in the USVI.

VI Moving Center

Living in de V.I. DVD

Virgin Islands Shopping

The largest section of Virgin Islands Books & Souvenirs. Start planning today!

VITraders.com

Official Sponsor
Team Virgin Islands
X