Virgin Islands
Important Notice, September 2017: Hurricanes Irma and Maria have caused widespread damage in the U.S. Virgin Islands. We look forward to welcoming you back to our islands as soon as we can. Please follow the islands’ rebuilding and recovery on our VInow.com Recovery Blog.
VInow Logo
The Virgin Islands Best On-line Guide
Cruise Ship Schedule Ferry Schedule Forum

Katrhyn Whittington

The Sign of the Griffin

December 19, 2004 07:22AM

Years ago---40 odd ( and some of them odder than othershappy ) on our honeymoon, my husband and I met a geltleman named John Thomas Griffin who was going to create an inn on St. Thomas. We are taking a cruise in February and thought that it would be fun to see what happened to his place--which he intended to name " The SIgn of tthe Griffin" Almost no info on it online. Does anyone know anything?

Marty
Re: The Sign of the Griffin

December 19, 2004 07:33AM

There's a place called "Griffin Villas" on the Northside. Check it at:
[www.villasintl.com]

Ronnie

December 19, 2004 07:35AM

The place exists. I don't know if it's still run as a guest house, but the sign of the Sign of the Griffin is still there. Now for you to try and find it would be a good treasure hunt! It's on the road that leads from Mahogany Run or Peace Corp School,(42) heading East, it's on the right shortly before the intersection of the Tutu Bypass(40). It's tucked away up a hill. It's easier to find when travelling West towards Mahogany Run.
Ronnie

Patrick

Registered
01/20/2005

December 19, 2004 10:02AM

Man! That Ronnie knows everything!!!

Katrhyn Whittington

December 19, 2004 11:20AM

You all are Great! Thanks so much for your info. We will check it out!

December 19, 2004 10:28PM

Hello Katrhyn,

Its easy to spot the sign if you know where it is..., easy to miss if you don't. Ronnie's directions are right on.

I looked at the link Marty posted and I think its the same place, just a variation of the name. The view in the pictures of Griffin Villa and the description are the same as Sign of the Griffin.

I looked in some of my older books and Sign of the Griffin is listed in 1997, (340)775-1715.

--Islander

rasiva

Registered
03/15/2013

January 09, 2017 11:18PM

My Mom worked there for over 15 yrs. many of the villas were sold to private owners but some still exist.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login / Register

Stay up to date with news from VInow.

Advertise with Us

Join VInow.com Today!

Connect with travelers that are planning vacations right here, right now. More

Virgin Islands Moving Guides

Updated information dedicated to Moving and Living in the USVI.

VI Moving Center

Living in de V.I. DVD

Virgin Islands Shopping

The largest section of Virgin Islands Books & Souvenirs. Start planning today!

VITraders.com

Official Sponsor
Team Virgin Islands
X