Bushwacker from St Thomas.
2 oz Baileys Irish Cream
1 oz Amaretto
1 oz Kahlua
small splash Vodka
small splash Grand Marnier
sprinkling Nutmeg
lots Ice
Fill blender 3/4 with ice (small cubes best).
Add a small splash of vodka, a small splash of Grand Marnier.
Add Kahlua & Amarreto. Fill the blender with Bailey's until liquid is 1/2 inch from top of ice cubes.Mix until smooth. Pour in hurricane glass and sprinkle some nutmeg on top!

BUSHWACKER – Paradise Point
We were at Paradise Point in Oct. on the Caribbean Princess, the Bushwackers were great. If this attachment works it is the recipe that they have at the bar.
2 oz. coconut rum
6 oz. bailey's
4 oz. amaretto
4 oz. kahlua
2 oz. vodka
blend with ice, top with whipped cream and nutmeg... serves 4

BUSHWAKCER - Ingredients:
4 oz Cream of coconut (CocoLopez)
2 oz Kahlua
1 oz Bacardi Black rum
1 oz Dark Creme de cacao
4 oz Milk or half and half
2 cups Ice
Mixing instructions:Combine in blender, blend until smooth, serves two in 12oz cups

Pensacola Bushwacker Recipe
2 oz Coffee Liqueur
2 oz Coffee Liqueur
1 oz Dark Rum
1 oz Creme de Cacao
Vanilla Ice Cream
4 oz Half and Half
Pour all ingredients into a blender (ice cream optional) with two cups of ice, and blend until mixed. Serve in a hurricane glass.

Coki Beach - Bushwacker
Equal parts of:
Rum
Vodka
Amaretto
Kahlua
Baileys
Coco Lopez (cream of coconut)
Blend with ice and top with nutmeg. We usually put an extra shot of kahlua & baileys for an extra kick! enjoy!

Dorothy
July 11, 2007 06:47PM

Just got back from St. John, went there for my son's wedding at Trunk Bay. Had a Bushwacker at the Westin, terrible. Had another one from Joe's Rum Hut, FANTASTIC! Can't wait to go back.

MRBoogaBooga
July 28, 2007 04:53PM

I was recently in St. Thomas visiting my Dad & I was coaxed into trying the BushWacker. I'm so glad I decided to give it a try. That was the only drink I ordered for the rest of our stay... So friggin good!!! The Caribbean Bushwacker recipe is as follows:

1 Shot Malibu Rum
1 Shot Vodka
1 Shot Kahlua
1 Shot Baileys
1 Shot Amaretto
2 to 3 Tbsp. Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
Blend With Ice
Pour and Top with Nutmeg & 1 or 2 Maraschino Cherry

July 28, 2007 05:17PM
07/02/2006

459 Posts

My friend and I just last night had some Bushwackers! We were "perfecting" our recipe to make them for this week's "porch party" (a few of us girlfriends sit on the porch and talk while sipping a concoction) We had all the ingredients of the above recipe, but also Cream of Coconut and a splash of Grand Marnier. It was awesome - but 2 of them kicked my butt. I think I'll add a couple scoops of ice cream to the blender - to make it creamier and dilute it just a little haha! By far one of the best drinks - it doesn't taste anything like alcohol, but when you stand up you're in trouble!

July 29, 2007 12:19AM
08/14/2005

519 Posts

Heah, Baby! That's what the Bushwacker is all about! You do have to be careful. I mix 1/4 cup of Amaretto, Vodka, Coconut Rum, Bailey's Irish Creme and Kahlua with 2 cups of ice and it's perfect. If I mix a second blenderp-full... Look-out!

July 29, 2007 06:28PM
06/28/2007

291 Posts

Little Fishy,
What altitude do you reside at? Makes a difference. But yes, they are potent.

Jenny
September 13, 2007 10:01PM

We were just at the Paradise Point Tramway and experienced our 1st Bushwacker. You get halfway through the glass and have a little difficulty walking. You have no idea what hits you. It's sooooo smooth. You reaaly don't realize that it only really contains alcohol. Mix up a glass and enjoy.

September 26, 2007 03:57PM
07/05/2007

20 Posts

What a bunch of light weights: )

Y'all just need more practice!: )

Doug

September 26, 2007 06:23PM
08/14/2005

519 Posts

6 weeks and counting until my next remote practice session! I'll have a couple for you!

September 27, 2007 10:24AM
09/07/2007

236 Posts

I'm detoxing my liver until the trip so that I can try all these great drinks.

I'll see how many it takes before you can't get off your bar stool. Don't you worry!

lisab
September 27, 2007 03:45PM

I have been to Woody's website and can't find their drink recipes. Can you post the link. Thanks

September 27, 2007 05:50PM
02/04/2006

134 Posts
Dinah
December 29, 2007 05:53PM

WE just got back from the virgin islands and our tour driver told us the ingredients...
amaretto
Kahlua
rum
vodka
baileys
Kahlua
creme de cocoa
frangelico
topped with cinnamon.
I have not made it yet, but was going to real soon.
Hope this helps!

December 30, 2007 10:57AM
11/18/2007

8 Posts

When I visited Paradise Point, the Bushwackers were pre-made, served from a machine. I have always disliked any drink made in a machine, so I asked the bartender to make me a fresh one, it was terrible! Tried another one at Mafolie, that one was great!

January 02, 2008 01:31PM
10/20/2007

108 Posts

back in 1994 the recipe was as follows 151 cruzan dark,151cruzanlight, amaretto,kaluha,baileys,coco lopez, hence the name "bushwacker" and the painkiller was 151 light and dark, coco lopez, orange and pineapple juices with a dash of nutmeg on top after it was shaken.

January 02, 2008 08:02PM
01/06/2006

167 Posts

Islandgirl, Did you try one out of the giant blender? My wife is somewhat of a Bushwacker Aficionado or so she tinks! Any way she swears by the ones up at Paradise Point and we have had them all over the Islands. A weird thing at Paradise is that you can get a couple different recipes for the Bushwacker there. The "Real" recipe is in the mix box they sell and my wife ended up give a large tip to get one out of the box. Here it is and by the way they now have it on a cool refrigerator magnet,

6 oz Baileys
3 oz Kahlua
2 oz Dark Rum
2 oz Amaretto
3 oz Dark Cacao
2 oz Vodka

Mix w/crushed ice, top w/whip cream-cherry & nutmeg.

My Aficionado skips the cherry and whip cream and will never never use anything but fresh ground nutmeg which we absolutely must buy at St. John Spice. NO substitutes..

Kind of off topic a little but the BEST Painkiller I have ever had is at Magens Bay. They float a shot of 151 on top. ( Sorry Soggy Dollar, but yours are awesome also) They come in a 16oz cup delivered to you on the beach or in the water by an Island beauty. Does it get any better?

BOB

January 03, 2008 07:49AM
10/20/2007

108 Posts

i did a yahoo search "history of the bushwacker" and found fun stuff.

Kris
April 03, 2008 03:23PM

Let me guess? A little shack at the end of the cruise port? Awesome drinks there!

April 05, 2008 06:58PM
10/20/2007

108 Posts

the original bushwacker does not use vodka it is 151 cruzan light and 151 cruzan dark,then amaretto baileys kaluha and coco lopez no chocolate blended or on the rocks for a less diluted flavor

MJDemon
April 12, 2008 12:51AM

Magens bay - bushwhacker

2 oz Baileys
1oz Kahlua
1 oz Amaretto
1 0z Frangelica
1 oz dk rum
1 oz vodka
1/2 0z coconut rum

Blend over Ice and then top with whipped cream and nutmeg x

dmagic
May 11, 2008 03:37PM

the bushwacer is one of the best drinks of the Virgin Isles. but the two best places to get a proper one is either Woody's on St. John or at Bobby's in Charlotte Amalie STT. cruzan is the only rum u should use! thanks guys u bought back soooo many memories. need to get back there soon. trying to bring that drink to the Hawaiian Islands!

May 11, 2008 07:11PM
08/14/2005

519 Posts

Spring finally broke here in Lexington Kentucky and the moment I began digging the 5 different liquors out of the cabinet, my wife asked me if I was making Bushwackers! She said she had been craving one, but wanted to wait till we could sit outside in the sun to enjoy. A blender-full later - we were sharing our favorite memories of the VI and already planning how we'll spend our February 2009 trip - this time with 2 other couples.

For 2 people, I used 1/3 cup of:

Cruzan Light Rum
Cruzan Coconut Rum
Vanilla Vodka
Amaretto
Irish Creme

Get CRUSHED ice from your ice maker (if possible) and add 3 cups (crushed going in the blender makes a much more creamy end product versus cubed ice which makes it more "icy"wink. Blend it then garnish with nutmeg - find the sun and a friend and kick-back!

May 11, 2008 07:38PM
10/20/2007

108 Posts

at work i've started offering the bushwacker on the rocks instead of blended, more flavor and no brain freeze from drinking it too fast, and once again there is no vodka in a bushwacker,thats a tgif thing

May 11, 2008 10:37PM
08/14/2005

519 Posts

Maybe not part of the "original" one, but it's a part of today's (and tomorrow's and next week's, and next year's) one for me! I got the recipe from Woody's website (which no longer seems to offer drink recipes), tried it at home, and man-o-man are they Gooooooood!!

Either way - enjoy your bushwacker as you like them - it's all good!

VI.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

St. John Feet Fins 4 Wheel Drive

$13.95

This is a complete, easy-to-use, fun, travel guide to exploring the trails, beaches and roads on St. John, Virgin Islands. It tells you exactly where to go, how to get there and what to do and see when you arrive.

Virgin Islands Newsletter Signup

Sign up now for our FREE Virgin Islands Now Newsletter and we will email you regular updates on what's happening in the Virgin Islands & on VInow.com. You can unsubscribe at any time. Simply fill in the form below.

CAPTCHA