Taxis are a popular transportation choice for visitors to St. Croix. While there isn’t a standard type of taxi vehicle, the most popular are vans, open air safaris (converted trucks; truck beds are customized with bench seating in an open-air covered area) and SUVs/cars. Taxis on St. Croix are not metered; rates are per person and per destination and are set by the VI Taxicab Division. Taxi Rate Sheets are provided below.
- Taxis are almost always available at the cruise ship dock when ships are in port, at the airport, the Seaplane Terminal, at the taxi stand area in down town Christiansted and usually at large hotels and popular restaurants/bars.
- Licensed taxi vehicles are labeled with: a taxi placard or dome light on the roof, license plates that indicate Taxi status, On Duty/Off Duty sign in the window of the vehicle and a sign, usually on the fender, indicating passenger capacity. The drivers personal identification/taxi license should be on the vehicles dash board.
- There are drivers that run “gypsy taxis” in their personal vehicles. They do not adhere to the rules of the taxi commission and are use at your own risk. They often hustle outside bars and grocery stores.
- Although rates are standardized it is strongly recommended that you speak to the driver and agree to your total rate (for you, your group, your luggage, waiting, tour) before boarding the taxi.
- See the Special Provisions Section after the rate sheets for sightseeing tour rates, luggage rates, private taxi rates and other information.
|AIRPORT TO/FROM:||1 OR 2 PEOPLE||3+ / EACH|
|Cane Bay Plantation||20.00||10.00|
|Divi Carina Bay||24.00||12.00|
|Ham’s Bay/Clover Crest||20.00||10.00|
|Ham’s Bay/Clover Guard||20.00||10.00|
|King Frederik Hotel||12.00||6.00|
|La Grange HIll||18.00||9.00|
|Mt. Washington (East end)||18.00||9.00|
|Mt. Washington (West)||20.00||10.00|
|Sandy Point (Nature Conserve)||18.00||9.00|
|St. Croix by The Sea||15.00||8.00|
|Sugar Hill Estate||16.00||8.00|
|Work and Rest||15.00||8.00|
|CHRISTIANSTED TO/FROM:||1 OR 2 PEOPLE||3+ / EACH|
|Castle Coakley/Sion Farm||12.00||6.00|
|Club St. Croix||8.00||4.00|
|Divi Carina Bay||18.00||9.00|
|Golden Rock Shopping Center||8.00||4.00|
|Hibiscus Beach Hotel||10.00||5.00|
|La Grande Princess||10.00||5.00|
|Mount Washington (East)||15.00||8.00|
|Sunny Isle Shopping Center||12.00||6.00|
|Upper and Lower Love||18.00||9.00|
|FREDERIKSTED TO/FROM:||1 OR 2 PEOPLE||3+ / EACH|
|Divi Carina Bay||36.00||18.00|
|Groove Place Village||15.00||8.00|
|Groove Place Hills||20.00||9.00|
|Little La Grange||10.00||5.00|
|Mt. Washington (Frederiksted)||15.00||8.00|
|St Croix Renaissance Park||17.00||9.00|
|Whim Plantation/Good Hope||9.00||5.00|
|CAROMBOLA TO/FROM:||1 OR 2 PEOPLE||3+ / EACH|
|Divi Carina Bay||36.00||15.00|
Special Provisions for Taxi Operators
- The charges to areas not listed in the above schedule shall be arrived at by using the nearest tariffed place crossed and the next tariffed place ahead, based on one nearest to the passenger’s destination.
- A taxi operator, while on duty, shall not refuse any passenger unless the passenger is intoxicated and disorderly, or in possession of a pet or animal (other than a seeing eye dog) that is not properly secured in a kennel case or other suitable container. There shall be no extra charge for seeing-eye dogs.
- Kennel Charges: Large Kennel – $30, Small Kennel – $20.
- Round trip fares: double the one-way fare plus waiting charges.
- Waiting charges $1.00 per minute. First five minutes free.
- Radio/Phone Call: the fare plus one third of the basic fare.
- Between midnight and 6:00am, there shall be an additional charge of $2.00 per person.
- Any one requesting a taxi exclusively for themselves shall pay the rate for four (4) passengers.
- Luggage: A flat rate of $2 per bag shall be added to the fare for each passenger. The rate for items greater than 30″x20″ shall not exceed $4 per item.
- Hourly Rates (1-4 Passengers): Sedan/Mini Can: $40, Van/Safari (14 passenger capacity) $55, Safari: $80. Rates for additional passengers will be negotiated between the taxi operator and passengers.
- All passengers must be discharged at their precise requested locations when fare is accepted and agreed to.
- Sightseeing Tours: One to four people $100, five or more $20 each. Limited time of tour: 3 hours.
ST. CROIX SNORKELING GUIDE
Over 175 full-color photographs
This St. Croix Snorkeling guide is your resource for the best snorkeling on the island straight from the shore; no boats or air tanks required! The Guide contains over 175 full-color photographs that show you the underwater environments that you will experience at eight of the best snorkeling beaches on St. Croix: Cane Bay, Sand Castle Beach, The Palms at Pelican Cove, Tamarind Reef, Boiler Bay, Buck Island, Frederiksted Pier and Frederiksted Beach. Each of the eight beaches has its own dedicated section of photos and snorkeling information.
Order Today: $34.95