Does your dream wedding take place on a secluded beach? How about at sunset with steel pan music playing? Or perhaps on a sailboat! Whatever your tropical dream wedding entails, it can be arranged on St. John. Ceremonies can be elaborate or simple. Perhaps you’d like to have your wedding at Annaberg Plantation, Hawksnest Beach or a gazebo overlooking the beach. St. John provides a truly amazing location for saying “I do”. Spend your honeymoon on St. John in a private villa or be pampered at a resort.
Mathayom Private Chefs ~ St. John Catering
Whether your wedding or banquet is formal, casual, assisted, family style, cocktail, or buffet we will work with you to make your special function memorable for every guest. We can do Asian, Caribbean, Italian, Vegetarian or a menu theme based around your party. Our most common requests are for our Caribbean Beach BBQ and our Island Fancy Menu. Enjoy them as they are or alter them to suit your individual needs. Equipment rentals are also available for a smooth all-inclusive dining experience. For more information visit our website or contact us by phone or email.
A wedding consultant based in the Virgin Islands is your best resource for planning your wedding. Whether the consultant is affiliated with a hotel or is in private business their knowledge of island weddings will make everything so much easier for you. Hotel packages might run anywhere from $550 up to $3000+. Prices depend on the package and can include the basics; a great location and the minister or can include bouquets, cake, photographer, champagne, limo, crystal flutes, videographer and live music.
Private consultants can arrange your wedding basically anywhere you choose but often will suggest the areas that are best suited for such an event. Packages can be basic to elaborate with prices around $300 and up. A consultant can take care of everything for you; processing the license, getting a great photographer, flowers, cake, caterers, transportation and if necessary even witnesses! They will insure that your day is extra special, just the way it should be!
The Virgin Islands are perfect for anniversaries and renewing vows! Consultants can plan these events as well and make it extra special for just the two of you or for the whole family. Contact a local wedding consultant and start planning your island dream wedding or vow renewal.
Marriage License Application
If you are planning to arrange the wedding yourself you will find wedding license information for the USVI below.
- The marriage license application fee is $200 ($100 for application fee and $100 for the license).
- There is an 8 day waiting and processing period, which can be waived depending on circumstances.
- The application is good for 1 year.
- Court marriages in front of a judge are performed on weekdays by appointment and will cost around $200.
- Religious ceremonies should be arranged directly with church officials. If either party has been divorced, a certified copy of the divorce decree must be presented.
- If you are requesting a marriage license through the mail, without the help of a local wedding consultant you will have to pick up the license yourself on arrival. This can only be done of regular business days.
St. Thomas /St. John
Superior Court of the Virgin Islands
P.O. Box 70
St. Thomas, USVI 00804
Telephone: (340) 774-6680