Sapphire Beach
St. Thomas Beaches
Sapphire Best All Around for Beautiful Beach & Snorkeling
Overall rating

Scenery/View

Water

Shore/Sand

Snorkeling

Just got back from St. Thomas (11/`21) and we had a great time.  I'm an avid snorkel fan with intermediate experience.   Sapphire Beach was the best all-around beach with a combo of beauty and snorkeling of the 5 beaches we visited (Lindquist, Coki, Magens Bay, Secret Harbor being the other 4).  My wife and I stayed at the Sapphire Beach Resort for 4 nights (2 previous nights on St. John).  We were very please and pleasantly surprised how much we enjoyed the beach and the snorkeling.  There was a good breeze most of the time, but I thought the seas and water would be more rough with how open it is toward St. John / BVI's.  Snorkeling was definitely best to the right. Lots of LARGE elkhorn corals and fish.  Swim around the point is excellent, even 50-75 yards off the point is still very good (It can be a little rough that far out on a windy day).  Around the other side of the point was pretty dead and not great.  The left side of the beach was fun, but most of the corals are dying.  Still a lot of fund rock formations to swim over and you can still bump into a lot of fish.  I had a school of 200 blue tang circle me twice, to the point where it was a continuous circle of fish around me.  It was spectacular.  Several minutes later, a spotted eagle ray swam past me about 6 feet away...startling me at first.  The next bay over is fun to explore but much of the same as the left side.  Overall, it was one of my favorite snorkel places on st. thomas.   Oh...and they have restrooms and a beach bar with drinks, burgers, tacos, etc. that is really nice.  Nice seating area with a million dollar view.  New restaurants are supposed to be opening in Jan. 2022 right there also.  
S
Was this review helpful? 0 0
Virgin Islands Books & Maps