VI Top Taxi
VI Top Taxi offers amazing tours, airport transfers, private transport, large/small group & private tours. We have a 14 seater van which can transport you and your party with comfort and relaxation. Our tour guide Nami has a wide knowledge of places to visit and unique landmarks worth visiting. Our tours are driven by passion for creating unforgettable experiences!
Mr. Nice Guy – Luxury Transportation Services
At Mr. Nice Guy, we provide more than just your average standard car service. We provide high end limo and luxury car transportation services to get to your destination safely and in style. Experience the ultimate hassle-free, stress-free private transfers. At Mr. Nice Guy, we genuinely believe that our clients are our top priority, and we strive to provide you with a luxurious car & a safe chauffeur experience that exceeds all expectations. Whether you are going from Point A, B, or C and back Mr. Nice Guy has you covered. We’ve got your back!
JS Miller Taxi and Tours
JS Miller Taxi and Tours is a leading provider of private taxi, sightseeing tours, and limo service. We provide transportation to and from the airport, ferry docks, hotels, villas, yachts, beaches, or cruise ships, all in air-conditioned comfort. Our company is family-owned and operated, and we treat every guest like part of our family. Our most important mission is to provide every guest with a wonderful experience on St. Thomas in one of our clean and well-maintained vehicles. Our drivers are friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. Seven days a week, we are just a phone call, email, or text away.
Black & White Tours and Transportation
Black & White offers the most complete tours, along with airport, hotel, villa, and dinner transfers in the beautiful island of St. Thomas, VI. We are a family owned and operated business with over 15 years of experience. We are native Virgin Islanders living in the beautiful island of St. Thomas. We are knowledgeable, friendly, and punctual. Service always comes with a smile. We offer all of our services in both English & Spanish, as we are fully bilingual. Call/text or Email us today!
Paradise Taxi and Tours USVI
At Paradise Taxi and Tours USVI, we pride ourselves on being the leading taxi and tour-based company in the US Virgin Islands; covering the beautiful island of St. Thomas. As evident from our 5-star customer reviews we offer professional, comfortable and reliable transportation and tour services. Book us today for a private airport transfer or transportation to and from hotels/villas, marinas, ferries and cruise docks. Private jet transfers are also available. Don’t forget to ask about our variety of sightseeing and beach tours. Languages: English, Spanish and Arabic. Remember “Your Destination is Our Goal!” Contact Us Today!
Islander Taxi Service Inc.
Trust trained, certified and devoted Islander Taxi Service Inc. professionals will be available and on call at your convenience to meet you at the airport on your arrival or to bid you a safe passage as you depart our island paradise. Service is also available to and from your hotel or villa. COVID 19: We are committed to our customers safety and comfort, we are offering and encouraging private transportation and services, rather than shared taxis. Give us a call or text at (340) 642-7278, or email us. We look forward to assisting you with your transportation needs.
FAQs about using Taxis in St. Thomas
- Do taxis in St. Thomas accept credit cards? Some taxis accept credit cards, but the majority of taxis in St. Thomas are cash only. Credit card customers should alert the dispatcher or taxi driver of their intent to pay with a credit card prior to boarding the vehicle.
- What vehicle types are used as taxis in St. Thomas? Vehicles most commonly used by St. Thomas’ taxi drivers include vans, safari trucks, and SUVs. There are a few accessible taxis in St. Thomas, some limo and luxury taxi options, and a couple of party buses.
- Are taxis safe in Thomas? Licensed taxis in St. Thomas are safe, reliable, and well regulated by the VI Taxicab Commission.
- Are taxis expensive in St. Thomas? Taxi rates in St. Thomas are per person and by destination. Costs can add up if you are planning for frequent outings, or when traveling as a group. Look at the taxi rate tables on this page to help you estimate your transportation costs based on the places you plan to go.
- Are taxis available everywhere in St. Thomas? Taxis are almost always available at the cruise ship docks (when ships are in port), at the airport (when arriving flights are scheduled), within the tourist shopping districts (during normal store hours), at the most popular beaches (during normal daytime hours), and outside the lobby of large resorts. You can also call for a taxi or pre-arrange taxi service.
- How do I identify a taxi in St. Thomas? Licensed taxi vehicles in St. Thomas have a taxi placard or dome light on the roof, license plates that indicate taxi status, on duty/off duty sign in the windshield of the vehicle and a sign usually on the fender that indicates passenger capacity. The driver’s personal identification/taxi license should be on the vehicle’s dash board.
- I forgot something on a taxi in St. Thomas, is there a lost and found? If you left something on a licensed taxi in St. Thomas, and you do not know the contact information for the driver, then contact the VI Taxicab Commission at (340) 693-4211 and provide as much detail as you can about the taxi and lost item(s). Licensed taxi drivers all have radios, and the commission can put out a radio call about your lost item in an effort to locate it.
- I have a compliment or complaint to make about a taxi in St. Thomas. Submit Compliment/Complaint to the VI Taxicab Commission.
Tips for taking Taxis in St. Thomas
- St. Thomas taxi rates are standardized but there are additional fees for things like luggage and waiting. Its a good idea to speak to the driver and agree to your total rate before boarding the taxi. The total rate for you, your group, your luggage, waiting, making a quick stop at the grocery store, a tour, whatever you have requested, get the total fare.
- Some taxis in St. Thomas can carry up to 26 passengers. Taxi drivers of large vehicles, particular at the cruise ship docks and airport, will wait to fill their vehicle before departing. If you have a schedule to stick to, for catching a ferry or getting back to a cruise ship, be sure to let the taxi dispatcher and driver know.
- There are people that run “gypsy taxis” in their personal vehicles. They often hustle outside bars and grocery stores. They are not licensed taxis, and therefore they do not adhere to the regulations set by the VI Taxi Commission. “Gypsy taxis” are use at your own risk.
- For St. Thomas sightseeing tour rates, luggage rates, hourly rates, and other information, see the Additional Taxi Charges Section.
St. Thomas Taxi Rate Tables
|FROM HOTELS TO/FROM||CHARLOTTE AMALIE||CYRIL E. KING AIRPORT|
|1 PERSON||2+ / EACH||1 PERSON||2+ / EACH|
|Carib Beach Resort||7.00||6.00||4.00||4.00|
|Danish Chalet Inn||7.00||5.00||8.00||6.00|
|Emerald Beach Resort||7.00||6.00||4.00||4.00|
|Island View Mountainside Inn||9.00||7.00||8.00||6.00|
|Magen’s Point Hotel||10.00||7.00||12.00||9.00|
|Palms Court Harborview Hotel||7.00||5.00||8.00||6.00|
|Pavillions and Pools||13.00||10.00||15.00||11.00|
|Ritz Carlton Resort & Club||15.00||10.00||18.00||12.00|
|Sapphire Beach Resort||13.00||10.00||15.00||11.00|
|Secret Harbor Resort||15.00||10.00||18.00||12.00|
|Windward Passage Hotel||4.00||4.00||7.00||6.00|
|Wyndham Sugar Bay||13.00||10.00||15.00||11.00|
|Yacht Haven – Havensight||4.00||4.00||7.00||6.00|
|MISCELLANEOUS TO/FROM||CHARLOTTE AMALIE||CYRIL E. KING AIRPORT|
|1 PERSON||2+ / EACH||1 PERSON||2+ / EACH|
|Est. Thomas New Quarter||6.00||5.00||7.00||6.00|
|Lower John Dunkoe||7.00||5.00||7.00||6.00|
|Market Square East||8.00||6.00||10.00||8.00|
|St. Peter Mt.||10.00||8.00||12.00||9.00|
|University of the Virgin Islands||7.00||6.00||5.00||5.00|
|West Indian Dock||4.00||4.00||7.00||6.00|
|TO/FROM||FROM/TO||1 PERSON||2+ / EACH|
|Within Town Limits||4.00||4.00|
|Bolongo||Market Square East||9.00||7.00|
|Frenchman’s Reef||Mahogany Run||12.00||9.00|
|Frenchman’s Reef||Mountain Top||12.00||9.00|
|Frenchman’s Reef||Market Square East||10.00||8.00|
|Frenchman’s Reef||Magens Bay||12.00||9.00|
|Magens Bay||Mountain Top||10.00||8.00|
|Magens Bay||Sapphire Beach||12.00||9.00|
|Magens Bay||Ritz Carlton||15.00||10.00|
|Mahogany Run||Mountain Top||10.00||8.00|
|Red Hook||Caret Bay||16.00||12.00|
|Red Hook||Crown Mountain||15.00||11.00|
|Red Hook||Market Square East||9.00||7.00|
|Red Hook||Frenchman’s Reef||12.00||10.00|
|Red Hook||Hull Bay||15.00||10.00|
|Red Hook||Mountain Top||15.00||10.00|
|Red Hook||Paradise Point||15.00||11.00|
|Red Hook||Magens Bay||12.00||9.00|
Additional St. Thomas Taxi Charges
- The taxi charges to areas not listed in the above rate tables shall be arrived at by using the nearest tariffed place crossed to the next tariffed place ahead, based on the one nearest to the passenger’s destination.
- Kennel Charges: Large Kennel $30, Small Kennel $20.
- Round trip fares: double the one-way fare plus waiting charges.
- Waiting charges: $1.00 per minute. First five minutes free.
- Radio/Phone Call: One person, the fare plus one third of the basic fare. More than one person; add $1.00 to each passenger.
- After Hours: Between midnight and 6:00am, there shall be an additional charge of $2.00 per person.
- Luggage: A flat rate of $2 per bag shall be added to the fare for each passenger. The rate for items greater than 30″x20″ shall not exceed $4 per item.
- Hourly Rates (1-4 passengers): Sedan/Mini Van $40; Van/Safari (14 passenger capacity) $55; Safari $80. Rates for additional passengers will be negotiated between the taxi operator and passengers.
- Sightseeing Tours: 2 hours – One passenger $50; two or more passengers $25 per person. 3 hours – One passenger $60; two or more passengers $30 per person.
St. Thomas Taxi Regulations
- Taxi operators must adhere to the V.I. Taxi Division’s Rules and Regulations governing taxi operations while on duty. These rules are presented here, but are not inclusive.
- The tariff must be posted in all public vehicles used as a taxi.
- A taxi operator, while on duty, shall not refuse any passenger unless the passenger is intoxicated or disorderly, or in possession of a pet or animal (other than a seeing-eye dog) that is not properly secured in a kennel case or other suitable container. There shall be no charge for the seeing-eye dog.
- A taxi operator must be courteous to passengers at all times.
- All taxis must have “on duty/off duty” signs posted in the window of their vehicle and shall have installed lighted dome sign when on duty.
- When “on duty”, taxi must pick up the passenger going in the same direction, unless as stipulated in provisions whereby a person requested and hired taxi exclusively for themselves, or a contact or franchise has been awarded to a specific group of persons.
- All passengers must be discharged at their precise requested locations when fare is accepted or agreed to.
- Taxi operators found exceeding or undercutting the official tariff will be cited by the DLCA Taxicab Division inspectors for violation of the tariff rate schedule. No organization or independent operator may set any special rates without approval of the Virgin Islands Taxicab Division of the Virgin Islands Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs.
Private Taxis in St. ThomasRates for any person requesting a taxi exclusively for themselves are as follows.
- Airport to Red Hook $90 for 1-4 passengers, (5 or more passengers add $15 for each additional person).
- Within Town Limits $55 for 1-4 passengers, (5 or more passengers add $7 for each additional person).
- Airport to Frenchman’s Reef, Limetree, or Bolongo $65 for 1-4 passengers, (5 or more passengers will pay an additional fare each).