Taxis are a popular transportation choice for visitors to St. Thomas. While there isn’t a standard type of taxi vehicle, the most popular are vans, open air safaris (converted trucks; truck beds are customized with bench seating in an open-air covered area) and SUV/cars. Taxis on St. Thomas are not metered; rates are per person and per destination and are set by the VI Taxicab Division. Taxi Rate Sheets are provided below.
Paradise Taxi and Tours USVI with Big Moe
At Paradise Taxi and Tours USVI, we pride ourselves on being the leading taxi and tour-based company in the US Virgin Islands, covering the beautiful island of St. Thomas. For many years, our company has provided professional, comfortable and reliable transportation services. This is evident in our 5-star reviews from our customers. Big Moe offers airport and hotel transfers, wedding party transportation, and transportation to and from marinas, ferries and cruise docks. In addition, we offer a variety of tours. Private services are available upon request. All services can be made prior to or the day of your arrival. Big Moe speaks English, Spanish and Arabic.
Mr. Nice Guy Taxi & Limousine Service
At Mr. Nice Guy we provide more than just your basic car service. We provide Taxi, High End Limo and luxury transportation services to get you to your final destination in style. From Airport services, Private Jet, Private Yacht, Villa/Resort pickups, hourly service, events and much more. We at Mr. Nice Guy Taxi & Limousine will make sure your trip is first class all the way. When passengers need to travel in style they call Mr. Nice Guy Taxi & Limousine Service because people with taste never settle for less than luxury. Make your reservations and book your ride NOW!!!
JS Miller Taxi and Tours
JS Miller Taxi and Tours is a leading provider of private taxi, sightseeing tours, and limo service. We provide transportation to and from the airport, ferry docks, hotels, villas, yachts, beaches, or cruise ships, all in air-conditioned comfort. Our company is family-owned and operated, and we treat every guest like part of our family. Our most important mission is to provide every guest with a wonderful experience on St. Thomas in one of our clean and well-maintained vehicles. Our drivers are friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. Seven days a week, we are just a phone call, email, or text away.
Islander Taxi Service Inc.
Trust trained, certified and devoted Islander Taxi Service Inc. professionals will be available and on call at your convenience to meet you at the airport on your arrival or to bid you a safe passage as you depart our island paradise. Service is also available to and from your hotel or villa. COVID 19: We are committed to our customers safety and comfort, we are offering and encouraging private transportation and services, rather than shared taxis. Give us a call or text at (340) 642-7278, or email us. We look forward to assisting you with your transportation needs.
- Taxis are almost always available at the cruise ship docks when ships are in port, at the airport, within the shopping district in down town Charlotte Amalie and usually at large hotels and popular restaurants/bars.
- Licensed taxi vehicles are labeled with: a taxi placard or dome light on the roof, license plates that indicate Taxi status, On Duty/Off Duty sign in the window of the vehicle and a sign, usually on the fender, indicating passenger capacity. The drivers personal identification/taxi license should be on the vehicles dash board.
- There are drivers that run “gypsy taxis” in their personal vehicles. They do not adhere to the rules of the taxi commission and are use at your own risk. They often hustle outside bars and grocery stores.
- Although rates are standardized it is recommended that you speak to the driver and agree to your total rate (for you, your group, your luggage, waiting, tour) before boarding the taxi.
- Many taxis are multi-destination and some can carry up to 26 passengers. At the airport in particular drivers will often wait to fill their vehicle before departing. You can pay extra for a private taxi (see Special Provisions Section).
- See the Special Provisions Section after the rate sheets for sightseeing tour rates, luggage rates, private taxi rates, weekly rates and other information.
|FROM HOTELS TO/FROM||CHARLOTTE AMALIE||CYRIL E. KING AIRPORT|
|1 PERSON||2+ / EACH||1 PERSON||2+ / EACH|
|Carib Beach Resort||7.00||6.00||4.00||4.00|
|Danish Chalet Inn||7.00||5.00||8.00||6.00|
|Emerald Beach Resort||7.00||6.00||4.00||4.00|
|Island View Mountainside Inn||9.00||7.00||8.00||6.00|
|Magen’s Point Hotel||10.00||7.00||12.00||9.00|
|Palms Court Harborview Hotel||7.00||5.00||8.00||6.00|
|Pavillions and Pools||13.00||10.00||15.00||11.00|
|Ritz Carlton Resort & Club||15.00||10.00||18.00||12.00|
|Sapphire Beach Resort||13.00||10.00||15.00||11.00|
|Secret Harbor Resort||15.00||10.00||18.00||12.00|
|Windward Passage Hotel||4.00||4.00||7.00||6.00|
|Wyndham Sugar Bay||13.00||10.00||15.00||11.00|
|Yacht Haven – Havensight||4.00||4.00||7.00||6.00|
|MISCELLANEOUS TO/FROM||CHARLOTTE AMALIE||CYRIL E. KING AIRPORT|
|1 PERSON||2+ / EACH||1 PERSON||2+ / EACH|
|Lower John Dunkoe||7.00||5.00||7.00||6.00|
|Market Square East||8.00||6.00||10.00||8.00|
|St. Peter Mt.||10.00||8.00||12.00||9.00|
|University of the Virgin Islands||7.00||6.00||5.00||5.00|
|West Indian Dock||4.00||4.00||7.00||6.00|
|TO/FROM||FROM/TO||1 PERSON||2+ / EACH|
|Within Town Limits||4.00||4.00|
|Bolongo||Market Square East||9.00||7.00|
|Frenchman’s Reef||Mahogany Run||12.00||9.00|
|Frenchman’s Reef||Mountain Top||12.00||9.00|
|Frenchman’s Reef||Market Square East||10.00||8.00|
|Frenchman’s Reef||Magens Bay||12.00||9.00|
|Magens Bay||Mountain Top||10.00||8.00|
|Magens Bay||Sapphire Beach||12.00||9.00|
|Magens Bay||Ritz Carlton||15.00||10.00|
|Mahogany Run||Mountain Top||10.00||8.00|
|Red Hook||Caret Bay||16.00||12.00|
|Red Hook||Crown Mountain||15.00||11.00|
|Red Hook||Market Square East||9.00||7.00|
|Red Hook||Frenchman’s Reef||12.00||10.00|
|Red Hook||Hull Bay||15.00||10.00|
|Red Hook||Mountain Top||15.00||10.00|
|Red Hook||Paradise Point||15.00||11.00|
|Red Hook||Magens Bay||12.00||9.00|
Special Provisions for Taxi Operators
The charges to areas not listed in the above schedule shall be arrived at by using the nearest tariff place crossed to the next tariff place ahead, based on one nearest to the passenger’s destination.
Taxi operators with On-duty sign on shall not refuse a passenger, unless the passenger is intoxicated and disorderly or in possession of a pet or animal (other than a seeing eye dog) that is not properly secured in a kennel case or other suitable container. There shall be no extra charge for seeing-eye dogs.
- Kennel Charges: Large Kennel – $30, Small Kennel – $20.
- Round trip fares: double the one-way fare plus waiting charges.
- Waiting charges: $1.00 per minute. First five minutes free.
- Radio/Phone Call: One person, the fare plus one third of the basic fare. More than one person; add $1.00 to each passenger.
- After Hours: Between midnight and 6:00am, there shall be an additional charge of $2.00 per person.
- Luggage: A flat rate of $2 per bag shall be added to the fare for each passenger. The rate for items greater than 30″x20″ shall not exceed $4 per item.
- Hourly Rates (1-4 passengers): Sedan/Mini Van $40; Van/Safari(14 passenger capacity) $55; Safari $80. Rates for additional passengers will be negotiated between the taxi operator and passenger(s).
- Sightseeing Tours: 2 hours – One passenger $50; two or more passengers $25 per person. 3 hours – One passenger $60; two or more passengers $30 per person.
**All passengers must be discharged at their precise requested locations when fare is accepted and agreed to.
- Airport to Red Hook
$90 for 1-4 passengers, (5 or more passengers add $15 for each additional person).
- Within Town Limits
$55 for 1-4 passengers, (5 or more passengers add $7 for each additional person).
- Airport to Frenchman’s Reef, Limetree or Bolongo
$65 for 1-4 passengers, (5 or more passengers will pay an additional fare each).