The US Virgin Islands Best Guide

What to do on a rainy day?

Clear all

What to do on a rainy day?

Please Register / Login to take part in discussions about the Virgin Islands.

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Posts: 5
Active Member
Topic starter

My husband, myself and my 10-year-old son are heading to St. Thomas next week and the weather forecast doesn't look great. It's pretty far out though so probably not cast in stone. What would be some ideas on family activities for rainy days in St. Thomas or St. John? Most of our plans consist of beach trips and snorkeling but there's bound to be a rainy day or 2. We are not big into expensive touristy stuff.

Posted : August 7, 2006 2:40 pm
Posts: 89
Trusted Member

I got back from St. John last week and we had a few rainy days while we were there. We hung out at the villa, played games, watched movies, and went on a hike when the rain was light.

Posted : August 7, 2006 3:46 pm
Posts: 210
Estimable Member

I spent a great afternoon at Secret Harbor which had started off sunny and bright and developed some rather serious rain, which then passed. I was actually in the ocean and getting hammered by the rain! Kinda neat....finally got out, headed for the cover of the trees, waited it out and had a great time.

Weather usually resolves itself rather speedily, due to the trade winds I think, so please just come on down and look forward to enjoying yourselves!!! Remember a predicted 30% chance of rain means a better 70% chance of sunshine!!! And of course when it rains, the temperature doesn't plunge!!!!

Posted : August 8, 2006 9:13 am

St. Thomas Activities

Set sail on top-rated charters, explore underwater wonders with scuba diving, encounter exotic animals, and venture into the wild with kayaking and ecotours. Feel the adrenaline with parasailing, aerial tours, and water sports for a memorable vacation.
Book Your St. Thomas Adventure Now
Virgin Islands Books & Maps