The simple but pretty rectangular building directly across from the Fort's main entrance road was once the Lord God of Sabaoth Church. It was built in the early 1750's by the Danish West India and Guinea Company. The church was consecrated in 1753. The baroque tower and cupola were added about forty years later. The Steeple Building was St. Croix’s first Lutheran Church. Later the structure was used as a military bakery, community hall, hospital and also a school. The National Park Service has restored it to its original splendor. The museum contains several displays that portray the history of St. Croix and plantation life.