Virgin Islands
Important Notice, September 2017: Hurricanes Irma and Maria have caused widespread damage in the U.S. Virgin Islands. We look forward to welcoming you back to our islands as soon as we can. Please follow the islands’ rebuilding and recovery on our VInow.com Recovery Blog.
VInow Logo
The Virgin Islands Best On-line Guide
Cruise Ship Schedule Ferry Schedule Forum

parkit

Registered
03/29/2012

cigarette prices

April 30, 2012 01:27PM

I just heard from someone who returned from St. Croix in March that cigarette prices in the VI are actually lower than in most places in the States. We were planning on bringing a carton each with us in July, figuring that buying there would be more costly. If that's not the case we can use the room in our luggage for other stuff, so what's the deal?

Thanks,
Steve

STT Resident

Registered
09/19/2005

Re: cigarette prices

April 30, 2012 02:10PM

WAY cheaper here, average $25/carton. By the pack $3 to $4. Just a heads up that we do now have a no smoking law on the books here and PLEASE, if you smoke on the beaches, put your butts in a used soda can or in a baggie and dispose of them properly in a garbage can when you leave. THANKS!

just4steven

Registered
07/15/2011

April 30, 2012 05:52PM

I was there back in March. I heard the best tip from locals of various shops, bars, grocery stores, wherever. "Down here, everything that is bad for you is very cheap and everything that is good for you is very expensive". That about sums it up! I think the liquor bottles (NOT at the bars/restaurants) shocked me the most! LOL, a couple locals even mentioned "If you move down here I hope you like Cherios with run instead of milk!"

parkit

Registered
03/29/2012

May 01, 2012 11:25AM

I appreciate the feedback.

Marty on STT

Registered
01/21/2005

May 13, 2012 11:52AM

You will be allowed to take home 5 cartons per person, duty free...I believe Tobacco Discounters in Port of Sale Mall has a special that is something like 5 cartons for $120...

~Marty on STT
happy

Shel0926

Registered
04/05/2017

April 05, 2017 05:25PM

What are the cigarette prices now in st.thomas the Virgin Islands 2017

Alana33

Registered
07/01/2012

April 08, 2017 09:29AM

Until the "sin tax" goes into effect on May 1 and depending on the brand you prefer, most cost around $26.95 a carton.

[stthomassource.com]

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login / Register

Stay up to date with news from VInow.

Advertise with Us

Join VInow.com Today!

Connect with travelers that are planning vacations right here, right now. More

Virgin Islands Moving Guides

Updated information dedicated to Moving and Living in the USVI.

VI Moving Center

Living in de V.I. DVD

Virgin Islands Shopping

The largest section of Virgin Islands Books & Souvenirs. Start planning today!

VITraders.com

Official Sponsor
Team Virgin Islands
X