Virgin Islands
Important Notice, September 2017: Hurricanes Irma and Maria have caused widespread damage in the U.S. Virgin Islands. We look forward to welcoming you back to our islands as soon as we can. Please follow the islands’ rebuilding and recovery on our VInow.com Recovery Blog.
VInow Logo
The Virgin Islands Best On-line Guide
Cruise Ship Schedule Ferry Schedule Forum

sgtrez

Registered
10/12/2016

Verizon Wireless on STT and STJ

December 02, 2016 02:43AM

Good day.

Can anyone tell me if Verizon Wireless works on St Thomas and St John, we will be staying in Cruz Bay and wondering if we will have cell service. Much Appreciated.

dttia

Registered
08/18/2010

Re: Verizon Wireless on STT and STJ

December 07, 2016 05:13PM

I have fairly good luck on St Thomas - some areas were much better than others. My service on St John was not good. We were at Westin and downtown. If you don't have international service already, get temporary Verizon int'l service because USVI can pick up BVI towers. Mine is $10/week and I only pay for the time I am in VI. You have to call Verizon when you get back to stop your charges.

easy victor

Registered
09/11/2011

December 20, 2016 01:51AM

Better yet- if you have a phone that can swap out sim cards (like an IPhone)- Before you arrive on STT, go to ATT in the states and get a GoPhone sim card and choose the $2.00/day rate (assuming you'll only be on-island for a short while). Have them show you how to insert the card into your phone, and when you arrive in STT, swap out the sim card. Just keep your "real" card secured away so that you can reverse the process when you leave.

It's a really cheap way to stay in touch.

sgtrez

Registered
10/12/2016

December 20, 2016 02:10AM

Thanks easy victor!!!

Alana33

Registered
07/01/2012

December 30, 2016 10:52AM

My cousin is visiting STJ, staying nearby to Cruz Bay and his Verizon phone doesn't work at all.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login / Register

Stay up to date with news from VInow.

Advertise with Us

Join VInow.com Today!

Connect with travelers that are planning vacations right here, right now. More

Virgin Islands Moving Guides

Updated information dedicated to Moving and Living in the USVI.

VI Moving Center

Living in de V.I. DVD

Virgin Islands Shopping

The largest section of Virgin Islands Books & Souvenirs. Start planning today!

VITraders.com

Official Sponsor
Team Virgin Islands
X