Virgin Islands
Important Notice, September 2017: Hurricanes Irma and Maria have caused widespread damage in the U.S. Virgin Islands. We look forward to welcoming you back to our islands as soon as we can. Please follow the islands’ rebuilding and recovery on our VInow.com Recovery Blog.
VInow Logo
The Virgin Islands Best On-line Guide
Cruise Ship Schedule Ferry Schedule Forum

kyleahpayne

Registered
01/03/2017

Thinking about a move!

January 03, 2017 09:02PM

Hello!

I am currently considering moving to the island! I have family living in St. Croix and would have a little help learning the lay of the land once I arrive. However I am seeking any advice or tips to consider before making the move. I am a 26 year old female and would probably be looking for a bartending/serving gig upon arrival. I also have years of experience as an esthetician. Are there jobs available? What are the islands policies on dog breeds? I have two very friendly pitbull mixes. Are there places for rent that arent going to cost me an arm and a leg just to get by?

thanks for all the help in advance!

Alana33

Registered
07/01/2012

Re: Thinking about a move!

January 04, 2017 07:12AM

You should post this on the moving forum.
[www.vimovingcenter.com]
Traveling with pets can only be done in the winter, spring and fall due to heat restrictions in summer months if animals can't be accommodated in cabin and must fly cargo. Airlines also have breed restrictions which pit bulls are on list. I'd suggest you look into traveling with a pet to STX and plan accordingly as you probably won't be able to travel with them from May - Nov. They'll need a vet certificate within 10 days of travel and your vet can't list them as Pit bull or they won't fly.

There are jobs available in your fields but as you know business also drops off in summer as tourist season winds down. Check out the moving forum and post there.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login / Register

Stay up to date with news from VInow.

Advertise with Us

Join VInow.com Today!

Connect with travelers that are planning vacations right here, right now. More

Virgin Islands Moving Guides

Updated information dedicated to Moving and Living in the USVI.

VI Moving Center

Living in de V.I. DVD

Virgin Islands Shopping

The largest section of Virgin Islands Books & Souvenirs. Start planning today!

VITraders.com

Official Sponsor
Team Virgin Islands
X